likes curveballs. Well I guess I should just say I have less than TWO weeks left here. OH MY GOODNESS. It's scary. I went out on Thursday to celebrate a friend's birthday, nice club VIP lounge and goodness gracious me, yes I had several drinks, but I danced and danced, and oh, did I mention? Danced. Heels are rather torn up (thank you two and a half inch spikey shoes), and my legs hurt like hell, still....oops. Totally worth it :) Now it's happily (hahaha) entrenched in the land of: unions, labour, gender, democracy, national identity, welfare states and new social movements. Thursday all hell breaks loose and is over. Please please let me be liberated soon. There is this constant prayer in my head and it is that I don't screw this exam up because this class has been the death of me all yearrrrr. I have my trip to York planned. I head up friday and am coming back Sunday, my other two friends will be back Monday afternoon. But I need to come back and literally spend Sunday cleaning, hang out with friends and spend monday hanging out as well. Just to adjust to being done and here and packing (sigh).
So I suppose, aside from a day trip to oxford on tuesday, that I am wrapping up life here, it'll become real as I pack. I still remember the day I moved in: new room, new city, new life...new friends, funny how now it all seems totally managable and the regrets I have are minimal. I may not have loved LSE but I appreciate what I gained. I may not adore my dorm, but it's a weird sort of home. I may have not opened up to friends in the same way, but we've totally bonded just the same and in different ways, maybe even healthier ones. It gives me some persepctive for going home.
Ultimately what I've realized is that I've outgrown some aspects of Midd through this experience and what I can't wait to return to, may in fact be a figment of my imagination. Not that I don't love my wonderful amazing friends, but I've changed in some ways that they just cannot have foreseen and I hope that we can all adjust to having been apart. I don't know what the next year really holds for me, but I think back on this year as it is almost over and I don't regret how I've changed, I don't miss Middlebury because I wasn't there, I miss it as yet another home, but I created one here as well and one that in some senses I can always return to.
And with those unusually ponderous thoughts, it is back to the land of fucking welfare states. Excuse the French, please...but honestly, talk about topics and "debates" that bore me to tears. Seriously??? Seriously....