Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Loves and Rants

So after York, I had a day and some here of course which I wrote about, then Andy and Chengcheng arrived back in London on Monday, we walked down to LSE with friends of mine, had cider at cheshire cheese, well I had most of chengcheng's but still...and then I had to say goodbye to Anna. Meh. Then of course came the love that was Spamalot after just getting chengcheng off to Paris (a little on the late side whoops). Then Tuesday was Oxford and Merry Wives of Windsor, and Wednesday was final river walk and Tate Britain. Specific notes for above continue on...



-I still hate hate hate goodbyes (another one of my friends left today as well, but because she is from MASS, I should see her again easily enough horray!).



-Spamalot was hilarious, but I have to see the movie (shame on me). Good jokes, great singing, and good acting...plus front row seats for twenty pounds (go me)



-Oxford, was amazing. Weather was great. We went to Tolkein's grave, and that was a five mile round trip walk, then we ate the Eagle and Child a famous pub where C.S Lewis and Tolkein were part of a group called the Inklings which met there. So cool. The city was great too and I couldn't help imagining myself there for grad school. Briefly, fleetingly. After Oxford, before the show, we went to get a good burger. The only annoying part was a mother and son who were seated outside...he was listening to his ipod, she was the phone. Sadness.

-Merry Wives of Windsor, probably favorite play by William ever! Except maybe Hamlet, so favorite comedy ever. Very well done staging and the comedy was as good as ever. Some pictures of the inside of the reconstructed globe are below



-River walk, final one, blustery day, but typically London cloudy, some light rain. Andy and I had lunch at the pub I went to on my first pub crawl back in October. It's like coming full circle. Then we continued on to the Tate Britain which had a great collection of art. Didn't have too long in there, but I liked the Turners a lot.

I got Andy off on her way alright. I have since been throwing out papers, sorting stuff and praying it all fits. This process does not make me eager to start in on my attic at home, no sireee....

Two more days I guess. Saying goodbye, finishing up stuff. Tomorrow is a trip up St.Paul's cathedral to the top of the dome and a nice big lunch as a reward. Super excited. Then I've got some LSE paperwork to take care of, books to send home, and the like.

Sidenote: someone either threw out my fresh leftovers, or ate them. Either way I am NOT amused.

It's almost over, my time here, and it's absolutely frightening how fast this last month has gone.

I suppose it is time for bed. I uploaded a few pictures from the River Walk and the show below. Oxford will be coming.

Cheers





































Okay so there's too much for this post: Please forgive the jumping around.